Thursday, April 23, 2020

The Album Thing: Joni Mitchell, Ladies of the Canyon

So I’m continuing with this album thing. On Facebook, I was nominated by a dear friend to post something like ten (ha ha ha) album covers of favorite albums over the years . . . or something. There were a bunch of rules, but I’m gonna ignore them and just post photos of several of my favorite (or formational) albums over the years. Because that’s the point. And since I’m doing this on social media, why not also share it here?

Ladies of the Canyon” is the title track. I think I fell in love here.

Another favorite from this album is “Conversation.” This was the first Joni Mitchell album I bought, and I got it waaaaay after it had come out. Most of my classmates were listening to the Bee Gees or something at the time.

A lot of people know the song “Woodstock,” but they don’t know that Joni wrote it. Yeah, these were what she called her “helium voice” days. They wouldn’t last long . . .

No comments: