Tuesday, April 28, 2020

The Album Thing: k.d. lang, Absolute Torch and Twang

The album thing again! It’s a Facebook fad that’s going around. You’re supposed to post a picture of albums you especially love. Since I’m going to the trouble to share it on social media, I might as well share it here, too. How many do you think I’m gonna end up posting?

The influential album du jour! You knew k.d. lang had to come up sometime. This here was her big one for me. Isn’t it fun how certain albums are associated with certain times in your life?

This album, with its self-assured opening song “Luck in My Eyes,” was, for me, Phoenix, and it was also San Francisco. Do I need to say more? Ah, youth, and its confidence.

I don’t even really like country that much. But boy, it sure can convey all the trouble love can get a stupid young person into. Here’s to “Pullin’ Back the Reins.”

By the time I left Arizona for Montana . . . so many regrets. Wow. “Trail of Broken Hearts” was my new theme song. I was a mess.

No comments: