Sunday, January 9, 2022

Jar of Goodness 1.9.22

Also known as a gratitude jar, happiness jar, New Year jar, or (related) friendship jar. It’s something my brother and his family have been doing for years. It’s simple, and you don’t have to buy anything. Just get a big jar (or whatever) (like, a journal or a blog would be fine, I think), and once a week (they do it on a Sunday), everyone in the family writes down, on a slip of paper, something they’re grateful for. And it can be anything. Keep it simple.

Then, at New Year’s, the family opens up the jar and reads the notes, kind of reviewing the goodness of the past year.

I don’t know if you noticed, but my attempt at the “Twelve Days of Thanksgiving” only made it to like, Day 5, because, well, the holidays. Plus each post was kind of an extravaganza. . . . So it’s probably a better idea to cultivate this mindset more regularly, yes?

So I’m going to give this idea a try, only with my blog. Each Sunday, I’ll do a little post about something I’m thankful for.

Here we go, installment number one.

I’m thankful for my brother and his family, and for the many ways they inspire me to be a better person.

No comments: