Monday, March 16, 2020

We Begin Lockdown

The novel Coronavirus isn’t really in Missouri yet, but it seems like we oughta stop going out and fritzing around. You don’t know who might have it. Let’s stay inside and do things around the house, huh?

Exhibit A: Painting Under the Kitchen Sink.

It hadn’t been painted since about 1963, by my estimates. I recently saw a can of mismixed paint on sale at Lowe’s and got it. I thought it was rather pretty. Kind of lavender, just my style.

Part of the fun of repainting under the kitchen sink is throwing away all the old crap that had accumulated there, and arranging what’s left in a logical and useful order.

In case you’re wondering, the little shelf thingie was already there when we bought the house. It had been in the back, against the wall, but I moved it to be in front of the drain pipe. I choose to look past the fact that it’s actually just split, not sawed, on that one edge. You should look past it, too. It’s not your house, and it’s under the sink, for God’s sake. So let it be. Make do with what ya got.

Anyway, I gave it a nice coat of paint to make it feel better about itself.

So what are you going to do, now that you shouldn’t be going out in public so much?

No comments: