Wednesday, January 6, 2010

On the Twelfth Day of Christmas

(Also known as Epiphany)
(Dedicated to the people who don’t realize that the “twelve days of Christmas” come after Christmas, not before. Yes, our Christmas decorations are still up.)


1. I woke up finally feeling slightly better from this awful cold I’ve had.

2. I did a load of laundry and took the garbage out.

3. I worked in my office as the snow started to fall.

4. I tuned our guitars.

5. I refilled the birdfeeders and set out some field corn for the squirrels; the snow was piling up, and the temperatures began to plummet.




6. I made soup out of a butternut squash and some chicken.

7. We had a winter weather advisory, and I worried about Sue driving home in the snow.

8. I reflected on the long and dangerous trek of the Magi, bearing gifts o’er field and fountain, moor and mountain, following yonder star, arriving in Bethlehem twelve days after the birth.




9. I stepped outside later in the evening and marveled at how quiet snow can make the world.

10. I looked up and was glad our lighted Christmas star is still glowing in the front dormer.

11. The Wise Men reached their destination.

12. And Sue made it home safely.


No comments: