Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Munichburg Corner: Almost Done!



Hey, friends, the official dedication of the Munichburg Corner, on Jefferson and Dunklin here in Jeff City, will be at 10 a.m. on Saturday, June 5.

I drove by on Tuesday, and the workers were installing the personalized and commemorative bricks and pavers. I got some pictures of them while they worked!














------------------------------------

Here's what the corner looks like as of the evening of June 2: The bricks are in place, the lamps installed, and the sidewalk completed. Pretty nifty, huh?









. . . I have to admit that up till now I have been pretty "immune" to the emotional aspects of this project, but when I finally saw the bricks in place, some with my actual forebears names on them, well . . . "nostalgia" isn't a strong enough word for it.

If you go to the dedication on Saturday morning, you can get a copy of a list of the 288 spaces that have been sold so far, with information on each of the names memorialized.

(And! After the dedication, may I recommend lunch at the nearby renovated ECCO Lounge?)

No comments: